Click to Call
Fida Insurance Group

244 Monroe Turnpike (Route 111)
Monroe, CT 06468

Get Directions
Featured Blog

Required Commercial Insurance in Connecticut

When you own a business in Connecticut, there are certain commercial insurance policies that you must have in many situations. There are two types that the state requires for most businesses, and every company should find out whether they need to have these policies in order to stay legal with the state. Not having the proper insurance can lead to fines and fees. If you need commercial insurance, contact us today at Fida Insurance Group in Monroe, CT.

Commercial Auto Policies

If your Connecticut business owns a vehicle, it is required by the state to have a commercial auto insurance policy. These policies have to have a number of specific types of coverage in them. It’s also mandated that each of these forms of coverage has to have a minimum amount of coverage. There is a specific amount of bodily injury liability coverage that you must have for one person who is injured in an accident. There is a higher number required for all of the parties injured in an accident. Another amount is mandated for your property damage liability, which pays for damages to someone else’s car or other property. The state also requires a minimum amount of coverage for uninsured motorists for one person who is injured and a higher amount mandated for everyone who is injured in an accident with an uninsured motorist. 

Workers’ Compensation

In Connecticut, every business in the state that has employees must have workers’ compensation insurance. They can be seasonal, full-time or part-time, and they each have to be covered. An exception to this rule is domestic, household workers who work less than 26 hours a week. This pays for employees who become injured and have resulting medical bills. 

Get Commercial Insurance

If your business doesn’t have the commercial policies that it needs, give us a call at Fida Insurance Group in Monroe, CT to find out more and to get started.